Bademi Nursery Agricultural Development Cooperative was established in 1968 with a purpose to bring all local producers under one umbrella in order to improve agricultural productivity of its members. The cooperative involves 313 members, including 194 fruit and ornamental sapling producers, 64 olive oil producers and 55 milk producers. It also provides jobs for 50 seasonal workers and 116 employees.
The cooperative offers its support to the member starting from the capacity building as a primary and essential condition of membership through trainings and study tours around Turkey and abroad till investment support by providing assurance of purchase and sale.
The cooperative provides support to its members in diversified activities:
- Nursery Tree Production. Starting form 100-150 nursery trees by now the amount has reached 9-10 millions. The first export n 1984, we made our first export to Syria with an amount of 2 millions of nursery tree. The nursery trees are being exported Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Russia and Libya.
- Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory (CLONE Rootstock Production). In order to conduct reclamation studies, the cooperative got the title of Agricultural Researcher Foundation
- Production of ornamental plants
- Production of olive oil with synolea method and cold extraction system. In 2002, the cooperative oil factory was renewed with the help of the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock of Turkey, as Modular System Olive Oil Process Facility with the capacity of 60 tons/days. Thus, olive oil produced by the cooperative collaborators fit to the world standards and to the market value. Produced olive oil is being supply on domestic and foreign market.
- Production of milk and milk products. The cooperative has established a milk collection and processing center with capacity of producing 35 tons/day of diary products in hygienic conditions.
- Classification - storing and packaging of fresh fruits: vast production of high quality of plum,cherry, chesnut, apricot, pomegranate, fig and pear. Organization of storing,packaging,classification and marketing was established so as to utilise the fresh fruit.
- Promotion and marketing: of products produced by it members through international and national fair organisations.
Partners: IFAD, Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock of Turkey
Menemen / İzmir
International Agricultural Research and Training Center (IARTC)
Telephone : +90 232 831 10 52 Fax: +90 232 831 10 51